Wednesday, April 09, 2008

2 "Must See" Movies

In the last few days I saw two great movies. It has been a long time since I have seen a movie worth telling everyone about.
Mark and I rarely watch movies because we make our lives so busy. In the evenings we usually work on loans, talk (which we can do for hours), or I read while Mark is on the computer or doing various other activities. For us to sit down and push play on the DVD the stars must be aligned and the movie better be good because both or us have better things to do than waist an 2 hours on a lame movie.

Return to Me (2000)

This movie was actually made in 2000 and I saw it before and liked it. My sister Heather has been talking about it ever since my brother Dave died. We searched all the movie stores and we ended up buying in on the internet. Then, my brother Andy ended up having it. Anyway, It is a movie about an organ transplant recipient. After knowing that my brother has saved at least 5 lives with his organs this movie had new meaning for me. It is super funny and very touching. Even Chuck (Heather's husband) who hates "chick flicks" liked it. I think this is a must see... loved it.

Dan in Real Life (2007)

I love The Office so I love Steve Carell. He was great in this movie. It is about a dad raising 3 daughters himself. He finds himself in a hilarious situation with a women he finally has an interest in. I will leave it at that. You have to see this one. Mark was on an appointment so I watched it myself. The credits were crossing the screen as he walked in and he found me laughing with tears in my eyes. Perfect move in my book... Makes you laugh, cry and think. A little nuts I know but even though it was after 11:00 p.m. we pushed play and I watched it with Mark again. Loved it even more the second time.


2 comments:

Welsch Family said...

We loved the bar scene in Dan in Real life. Very funny. Good movie.

The Kirby's said...

Todd and I loved both movies too.